Saturday, September 29, 2018

Shimmer

I've had this quilt in the works for a few weeks now. I got an invitation for a friend's baby shower last week, and I knew it was meant to go to her. My friend has been praying and hoping for a baby and they were recently blessed through adoption. I'm soooo happy for them. This one just feels extra special, you know?

Anyway, the pattern is Shimmer from Cluck Cluck Sew. I love her stuff and three cheers for no Y seams! I timed myself and I could whip out a block in about 30 minutes.

I went back and forth on backing for ages, but settled in my comfort zone. Polka dots are always easy. I matched the pattern and hid the seam. You can't even tell (patting myself on the back for that one).

 I threw it way back and stippled this quilt. I haven't stippled in...6-7 years? I forget how fast it is! It only took me 25 minutes to finish the entire thing. 

 I did the Elmer Glue basting and machine bound it. I usually like to hand bind, but I was pushed for time this week. Baby showers act as great deadlines. :)

 Isn't this dolly the sweetest? My mom gifted it to my daughter for her first birthday and I love her so much. I'm forcing it on my baby as a comfort item because I think it's so darling. 

Stats: 42" square
Fabric: mostly Sweet Marion by April Rosenthal, Navy blue anchors from Sarah Jane, and the light blue mushrooms are from Fantasia by Sara Lawson
Batting: Warm and Natural

2 comments: