Thursday, June 18, 2015

Baby Hearts

Another baby quilt given away. I ran across this pattern at Cluck Cluck Sew a few months ago, and I immediately knew I wanted to make this for my little niece, due in August. I tried to be more adventurous with the background, and not be so matchy matchy.

These hearts came together super fast! It really looks more complicated that it is. I also loved this pattern because she uses strips around each block rather than sashing. I kind of hate sashing. 


 I love using blue for girls. 

I tried something new with the binding this time. I used my serger to finish off the edges before machine binding and it worked like a dream! No puckering or pulling. I've started doing it every time. 

My sister in law flipped when she opened the package. I love making quilts for people who appreciate the time that goes into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment