Sunday, May 21, 2017

Gingham Baby

I can't take credit for this quilt. It's basically an exact replica of one I saw on Cluck Cluck Sew over a year ago. I received an invitation for a baby shower about 10 days in advance, so I thought it would be fun to whip out a simple baby quilt for the sweetest first time mom. And I had every piece of fabric on hand, including binding, so I had to do it.


Baby quilts are so satisfying. I think I had this one done, start to finish, in two days. PS, I'm listening to Les Miserables on audiobook while I sew. I'm loving it. Even though it's sooooo long. I'm 42 hours into it so far.

 I was going to try something less girly for the back, but I couldn't help myself with those hearts. 

 I love those little cats and pandas. 
Girls are so easy to quilt for.

Striped machine binding. Again. I'm getting better at binding, using the Elmer's glue method. It's so quick and clean. 

This makes me excited to get going on my baby girl's quilt! Less than three months until my due date and I haven't started a thing. Must be the third child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment