Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Every Star is Different

I finished this one ages ago, but I'm just getting around to posting it. My sister always donates a gingerbread house to Primary Children's Festival of Trees every year in Salt Lake City, Utah. They sell everything on display (mostly trees, but some gingerbread, wreaths and quilts, etc.) and donate all the proceeds to Primary Children's Hospital. I read somewhere that over 100,000 visitors come to see and bid on everything, raising millions of dollars. Anyway, it's a great cause.

I was chatting with my sister in November and she suggested that I enter a quilt. I didn't even know they accepted quilts! I didn't have much time to plan (uh, one week), so I stuck with a pattern I already knew. Shimmer by Cluck Cluck Sew.

I used fabric I could find at my local quilt shop. It's all from the Smitten line by Bonnie and Camille. 

This backing is so luscious. It's a super light lawn, and it's so drapey and buttery. Nom. 

I did figure eight quilting because it's the new stipple, but it looks a bit more modern. 

I mailed it off to my sister and never saw it again. Haha. Hundreds of quilts are donated, and mine wasn't displayed, so they put it in the gift shop/boutique area. I asked a very nice woman working there if she had seen it (I showed her a picture) and she said, "Oh that definitely sold the first night!" So that made me feel good. 

I want to enter another one again next year, when I have a bit more time to plan.

Stats:
42" square
Fabric: Smitten by Bonnie and Camille
Batting: Warm and Natural
Backing: Creamy Rosy Lawn, from Smitten
Binding: Vintage Holiday Cotton Red and Pink Dot by Bonnie and Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment