Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Garland Tree Skirt

I love this tree skirt so much. I hesitated giving it away. 

I found the pattern for this in a Missouri Quilt Company book my aunt gifted me a while ago. It came together super fast and was really straight forward. I would say it's a good beginner-ish project. The binding was the most tedious part (12 corners to turn!)

This fabric is super funky. I couldn't find any charms, so I just ordered fat eighths and cut them myself. I love the 70's vibe. You kind of have to love how crazy it is. I think it's fun for little kids. (We don't do formal at my house)

 Bias binding. I could not find red striped so I went with green and I actually like the contrast. 

 I die over those little reindeer. Definitely my favorite print. I haven't done star quilting in ages. It was fun to try again.

The back is a dainty red and green print. I guess it could be reversible if you really wanted it to be.

 It was nice to be back at my sewing machine again. I haven't had a ton of time with a newborn in the house.

Goal for 2018: more quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment